All bunion treatments in London are offered by our podiatrist at City Foot Health.
What are bunions?
What causes bunions
- Hereditary factors – if your parents have Bunions it increases the risk of developing them
- Foot Stress or Injuries
- Arthritis – particularly rheumatoid arthritis
- Tight or too-small shoes that cause your toes to crowd together and put pressure on your big toe joint
- Shoes that have high heels or pointy toes — these styles force your toes together
- Standing for long periods of time
Bunion treatment in London at City Foot Health
- Joint mobilisation and manipulation: Improve joint mobility by breaking up connective tissue adhesions and restrictions around joints
- Orthotic/insoles therapy: Orthotic insoles, padding, bunion pads and toe spacers can reduce symptoms and slow down the progression of the deformity
- Footwear Advice: Narrow, restrictive, and high-heeled shoes can increase the risk of bunions and also increase symptoms. Wide, comfortable shoes, with adequate space for the toes, can reduce pain and discomfort.
- Surgical procedures: Discussing minimally invasive bunion correction surgery and referring to the podiatric surgeon.
- Use of anti-inflammatory medication: Long days on your feet can be painful. Applying ice packs, resting and taking, and regular over-the-counter pain relief can help you cope.
Call us today to book an appointment for bunion treatment in London! For any bunion problems we can't fully treat in-house, we can refer you to our specialist consultant surgeon Dr Sam Singh.